Wednesday 10 March 2010

Standing on the shoulders of giants...

I was asked this morning how long I had been teaching. I worked out that at the end of this year it will be 15 years...hmmm...what have I achieved?

I can look back on those who have influenced me from my mentor at my second teaching practice to those around me now...you know who you are... who nudge me and give me opportunities to push myself.

These people have fed time and energy into me and as a result it is on thier shoulders I have built my career and been allowed to spread out and influence others.

Who will stand on my shoulders?

I have been thinking about all the students I have taught and what I instilled into their lives about Humanities, the world and life in general.

Its quite humbling to think someone may type this message in future and be referring to you but just in case no-one can(!)...my aim from now...build a foundation for others to stand on...

1 comment:

  1. Humanities: That history could be fun (TASC)
    The World: That everyone is equal.
    Life in general: Smurfs don't flush!

    ReplyDelete