Tuesday 30 June 2009

Thinking time...

How long should you allow someone to think before they answer a question???

Research done by people paid a lot of money would show that its 'x' seconds...depending on the research of course.

I got one of my classes to time how long it took them to respond to various questions about the topic we had been studying.  Interestingly many pupils responded to question fairly quickly.

Those who didnt respond I asked why they hadnt.  I got this response from one pupil:

'When you asked the question I thought I know that but then I started to think I didnt know it and lost my confidence cos I thought about it too much.  When .... answered it was what I thought in the first place.'

Maybe thinking time is over rated sometimes and reaction answers fit better with some pupils??

Anyone want to pay me lots of money to find out ??? :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment