Tuesday 14 July 2009

Creativity the key to respect?

Having taught for a while now I am always amazed at colleagues who say things like 'How do you manage with ...?' or 'That class really wind me up!'

Im not boasting...anyone who knows me knows that this is not easy for me as I find fault in all I do!...but I have never had a problem with classroom management.

Now some will say its because Im and man and big in size etc... but I think its down more to the fact the students have a positive apprehension about my lessons and what will happen in the classroom.

I like to mix it up and keep them on their toes and they like that...seriously!

How do you know you have respect though?

When you need them to just work quietly and they do without any issue or argument...then you have respect.

No comments:

Post a Comment