Thursday 11 February 2010

R-r-r-r-r-r-r-r-r-runaround!!!!!....



As a kid I used to love the show 'Runaround' with Mike Reid. For those of you not old enough to remember him winding kids up with:

'Are you ready! Are you steady! Wait for it! G-g-g-g-goooooo, runaround now!!'

It involved a group of kids dressed in yellow t-shirts who were asked what seemed ridiculously easy questions and had 3 answers. They then - when told - ran to a particular answer and stood in a circle in front of it. They then had a chance to change if they wanted, jumping to another circle if they felt they were wrong.

Correct answer - yellow ball (red ball on some questions -worth 2 points)
Wrong answer - dungeon cage for rest of that round

The round continued until there was one child left then everyone came out and off you went again.
Most points wins state of the art (late 70's) prizes.

So where am I going with this...I'm not sure....

Oh yes. So I am in the process of resurrecting this for use in the classroom - unfortunately I wont be able to resurrect the gravely voiced Mike Reid but it cant be perfect!

I will fill you in on my progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment