Monday 1 February 2010

Time to step out...

I have never been any good at saying 'I did this!' So after some nudging and feeling like a hypocrite at saying to some students today stand up and be proud about what you did I feel I need to come clean.

This poem appeared on my blog a couple of days ago:

'Time winds its way through a repetitive process of hours, minutes, seconds
The partitions of it seem so heavy and time is lost in the relentless darkness of this life

Days become blurred into periods of day and night, good and bad, illness and death,
As we move through the process of routine and towards the conclusion of it all.

I used to love the song of the birds, but now there is only silence
They know not to be here, where life is measured in usefulness and names replaced with numbers.

Through the small bars I see the clouds and the shapes they take gives me a moment of escape from all this

Which is soon lost


The time for death is upon me, moved into this pen, herded with so many to await those who would seal our fate.

But I am calm.
If hell exists then it is here, where I am, but soon I will be free.

What is 'free'?

Its release from the monotony of time, from the routine of fear.


Death does not scare me for with it will come peace, a freedom they cannot take away from me.

What is 'free'?


I am.'

Shawn Skellon (2010)

Well...'I did this!'

There I said it...as I creep back into my hole.....

No comments:

Post a Comment